|Singularity Viewer is an exciting client for Second Life and OpenSim, which strives to combine the beloved look and feel of Viewer 1.23 with the latest and greatest of available technology, and to stay compatible with future Second Life changes and features.
Singularity is an open-source project powered entirely by volunteer force and willpower!
This past year has been a tumultuous one for our team, one of our developers passed away, another one left to pursue other interests, we were hampered in our ability to update and test the viewer by a lack of infrastructure and hardware issues.
It was not all bad, as we recently gained a new developer, miKa-Pyon, most of our hardware issues were resolved, and we’re working on improvements with renewed vigor.
Nevertheless, Singularity is constantly evolving, and as we move on to new technologies, we cannot retain support for older platforms. Our toolchain has been updated, we now use modern programming language features which require recent GCC and Microsoft Visual Studio™ 2015. Unfortunately, as part of this required toolchain update, some older platforms have become too burdensome if not impossible to support. On the upside, thanks to these newer language features we can write better code and get better performance for the viewer. Not only can we use modern C++, we are also able to share code and prebuilt libraries with our sister project, Alchemy Viewer, this is highly beneficial as the development workload is now halved between our two projects. Due to these updates, those compiling our project will find that we now make use of autobuild.
While making 32-bit linux builds is very high on our agenda, it requires a large effort and did not make this deadline. We are currently in need of a Mac developer to help us get Singularity for macOS back on track and building again.
Now, on to the other changes (There are a lot of them):
‘Gemini’ now included as part of standard release. The default skin is still ‘Dark’, but this skin is a nice dark-themed alternative.
We’ve recreated the skins package.
It now has Dark Green skin by SLB Wirefly.
Skin files have been cleaned up, resulting in a substantially smaller on-disk size. (Shyotl)
As usual, the French and Spanish translations were heavily updated as we evolved (Nomade Zhao, Damian Zhaoying)
The German translation is now being upkept by miKa!
Grid Compatibility Changes:
Latest inventory protocol (AISv3) support has been merged in to maintain future compatibility with the SecondLife grid. (Shyotl)
QtWebkit browser has been replaced with a Chromium variant.
SSL library has been updated and includes TLS 1.2 support.
SLVoice (vivox) has been updated to latest version
Serverside baking (sunshine) baking implementation has been updated. (Shyotl)
Avatar render info is now reported to the sim.
General New Features:
Added Mouselook IFF feature. Displays name under crosshair matching coloration of avatar on minimap (Input Prefs) (Alchemy)
Mouselook can now show position and health, if damage is on. (Input Prefs) (Alchemy)
Added the Region Tracker which allows monitoring of multiple regions in a single floater (Alchemy)
Hover height slider added to Quick Settings Panel popup (bottom right corner)
/hover command has been added. Supports values -2.0 through 2.0.
Folder links now support drag-and drop operations, as well as pasting.
Teleport and Look options have been added to Area Search.
Antispam supports filtering receipt of landmarks. (Adv. Chat->Antispam)
You can now edit descriptions and names of multiple objects selected in bulk. (Liru Færs)
A Cloud Setting option has been added to the Windlight Floater (Alchemy)
Edit Linked Parts display of impact has been improved.
You can now pan in and out with alt-shift + pgup/pgdn/e/c (ctrl-shift + pgup/pgdn/e/c in Linux)
You can now hide your own lookat beacon (System->Security & Privacy) (Alchemy)
Local Gesture Preview Feature:
Adds a dropdown option to gesture preview button to preview locally.
Chat done in gestures will be local, along with sounds and animations being played locally
General Interface Changes:
Drop Targets, like the ones in the autoresponse preferences now have a clear button. (Liru Færs)
Double-Click Autopilot is now offered in System Prefs->General.
Made the snapshot floater shorter by changing that radio group to a combo box~
Search All tab now behaves similar to modern Web search, as the original Search All page is no longer maintained by Linden Lab and no longer behaves properly.
Available Toolbar Button Changes:
Fake Away, Busy, and Away are now in World->Status
Option to sit on away added to World->Status (Alchemy)
Singularity->Resync Animations (alternative to /resync command)
New list right-click menu options:
Multiple avatars can be selected to invite to group.
Share, which lets you easily send an inventory item directly from your inventory to someone else or to a group of people.
Chat History (opens your chat log, if you have one with the selected person)
Radar is now more functional and optimized (Liru Færs, Mika Pyon)
You can now see avatar distance in alerts about their range (right click the radar, Alerts->"Include distance in alerts")
Fixed the rare spam of enter/leave messages
No more rate control, updates happen instantly as we get the messages.
Title now updates more appropriately
No longer spams chat on teleport (Sim Federal of Alchemy)
Improvements to friends list:
Search should now work right
Online Count should be more accurate.
When changing friend rights, only the checkboxes are locked, no longer the entire list.
Avatar Profile Changes:
Chat UI Changes:
IM Tabs can now be configured to show names in different formats (Adv. Chat->Chat UI)
New UI setup in preferences
Autoresponse to muted changes
Option to send autoresponse only if away
Can now change autoresponse settings from World->Status->autoresponse
Add the option to block conferences from nonfriends exclusively (Communication prefs)
We fixed a long standing issue where some objects chatting would not get linked because we didn’t see them in the world for whatever reason.
Clicking a “[Friend] is Online” notification will now open an IM with them (Liru Færs)
RLVa updates (Liru Færs)
Don't filter parts of words out just because they match a name under restraint
Escape potentially dirty strings before using them as regex in replace_all_regex
Radar no longer hides when @shownames restricted, it just hides names
Radar will alert when @shownames restricted, but not when @shownametags restricted
Radar will not offer menu when @shownames or @shownametags restricted, and the IM and Profile buttons will disable.
When @shownames restricted, allow offering calling cards now.
Support RLV 2.9 features: @camunlock, @camavdist, @camzoommax, @camzoommin, @camdistmax, @camdistmin (Liru Færs)
IFF respects RLVa
@adjustheight now supports hover height instead of being deprecated (Kitty Barnett)
Performance, Stability, and Maintenance:
FMOD Ex has been updated to FMOD Studio. (Shyotl, Drake)
Build infrastructure has been migrated to autobuild. (Shyotl, Drake)
Numerous leak and crash fixes have been merged in from Alchemy.
FastTimer (Performance profiler) CPU impact has been lessened (Siana)
Alt-enter on login screen will no longer cause full screen on login.
Once again possible to view land impact of individual linked prims.
GPU Table has been updated to include broader range of newer hardware.
Select improvements from viewer-stare have been merged. (Cinder Roxley)
File Picker responsiveness has been improved. (Shyotl)
Updated mesh implementation and fixed a few render-related bugs. (Shyotl)
Physics Shapes debug render has been fixed~ (miKa Pyon)
Opensim features and fixes:
Support GridName (Liru Færs)
Fix name lookup fails when a grid does not have NameLookupURL
Server Release Notes won’t show in about floater if the region lacks the capability.
SL menu items will now hide themselves on opensim grids.
We now allow longer login URIs in the login screen’s input box.
Name resolution code has been improved
World Map Textures on Minimap in variable size regions has been fixed (Liru Færs, Shyotl)
Property lines on minimap are now drawn properly for variable size regions
In pay floaters, the proper currency symbol will now be displayed
We now respect login response with "classified_fee" (otherwise 0 is assumed)
Suitcase Folder icon and type support (Cinder Roxley)
Added hack for opensim’s broken folder types (Drake Arconis)
Other resolved JIRAs:
FIRE-15189 (Liru Færs, Ansariel Hiller), STORM-1949 (Cinder), SV-1234, SV-1539, SV-1548, SV-1653, SV-1654, SV-1670, SV-1690, SV-1696, SV-1755, SV-1761, SV-1791, SV-1827, SV-1849, SV-1850, SV-1897 (Text Chat->"Letter keys start typing into local chat"), SV-1925, SV-1930, SV-1931, SV-1932 (Group member count now shown), SV-1945, SV-1946, SV-1954, SV-1957, SV-1978, SV-1979, SV-2005, SV-2028 (Adeon Writer), SV-2042, SV-2054, SV-2056, SV-2065
MAINT-3562 FIXED Viewer crashes when updating local textures using Substance Designer : add code for control input buffer size (Vir Linden)
Special thanks goes out to Adeon Writer, Cale Flanagan, Damian Zhaoying, Deltek Minotaur, Diva Canto, Eva Darkwyr, Fritigern Gothly, Gamer Expert, Melissa, MiVo, Nomade Zhao, Pure Bluestar, Router Gray, Shamara Henley, Tazy Scientist, YanewS, and all our other testers and bug reporters, and everyone who sends in crash reports, and you, yes you, you took the time to read through this, so thank you for caring!
Lastly, we’d like to dedicate this release in memory of Latif Khalifa (lkalif), who has contributed so much to this and other viewers and opensource metaverse projects, like his own Radegast viewer, libomv, and OpenSim. His contributions to the metaverse have been invaluable and are too numerous to mention. Suffice to say that without him, the metaverse would not have been what it is today.
Recently we heard from a common friend, that our long-time friend and contributor Latif Khalifa has passed away. Kinda waited for him to pop back up and yell that the rumours of his demise are greatly exaggerated, but this is apparently not happening. He helped us organize the project and taught us a lot and set up some of our crucial infrastructure. His contributions to other open-source projects shall also live on. Our condolences to his friends&family!
This is a minor patch release purely intended for users with AMD
graphics cards. It resolves the issues displaying rigged meshes when
using Catalyst Driver releases newer than version 14.9. There are no
other changes included in this release, so if you're currently on 1.8.6 and this change is not relevant to you, then feel free to ignore this update.
This release brings......
- Ability to select buttons displayed on the viewer’s bottom toolbar. (View -> Change toolbar buttons) (Lirusaito)
- Emergency teleport when region is about to restart (see prefs section) (Lirusaito)
- Enhanced region restart warnings from STORM-1980 (Jonathan Yap, Lirusaito)
- Portability Mode, have the viewer bring things like log, settings, cache, and chat logs along with it (Lirusaito)
- Install to a USB, use --portable arg, or use the provided shortcut as a template
- Settings are saved to a separate folder from the viewer, so don’t worry about removing the viewer folder when updating
- Graphics engine improvements (Shyotl)
- Experimental volume face batching changes, allow +~10% larger mean batch size
- Added adaptive vsync support (see prefs section)
- Fixed an issue where hud-attached prims would go missing after a teleport
- Fixed fitted mesh distortions that were caused by using more OpenGL uniforms than hardware supported
- Avoid problems when meshes with invalid joint names are encountered (Shyotl)
- Reduce load on hard disk when downloading meshes (Shyotl)
- Added Auto-replace text feature from upstream (Lirusaito)
- RLVa updates from upstream (RLV 2.8.0 RLVa 1.4.10) (Lirusaito/Kitty Barnett)
- Updated Voice SDK from Vivox to version 4.6 on Windows and Mac (Lirusaito, Latif)
- Menus on the region estate panel’s scroll lists (Lirusaito)
- Login panel no longer resets fields after a failed login attempt (Lirusaito)
- Mini-map enhancements (Lirusaito)
- From Kitty Barnett’s Catznip Viewer:
- Show parcels (Minimap menu: “Show” submenu: “Property Lines” & “Parcels for Sale”)
- Option to use world map textures: (Minimap menu: “World Map Textures”)
- Scroll zoom is now based on where your mouse is, if centering on camera is off
- Option to show tracking circles around people selected on the radar while the radar is visible (Minimap menu: “Show” submenu: “Radar Tracking Circles”)
- Marking on the minimap now changes custom coloring of avatar tags (per session)
- Multiple selection tool from Exodus:
- On mouseover, a circle is shown beneath your cursor, this is the effective range of right clicking to mark
- Change the range by holding Shift while scrolling
- Other menu functions invoked on right click still only work on the closest dot to your mouse
- Voice status column in radar, and other radar improvements (Lirusaito)
- Fix radar notification spam when an avatar leaves region boundaries but there’s no neighboring region for them to cross into (Sim Federal)
- Beacon enhancements (Jonathan Yap, Lirusaito)
- Blue and Red beams now denote height of tracked position
- Updated Qarl’s Alignment Tool (Lirusaito)
- Name System update (see prefs section) (Lirusaito)
- It is now possible to select how names are displayed on individual lists
- For instance, you can choose to display radar and friend list with a different combination of name / display name
- Added 4th option, in addition to only legacy name, only display name, display name (legacy name), now also legacy name (display name)
- Option to Copy SLURL for an avatar’s profile added to the pulldown menu for IMs (Lirusaito)
- Open external editor for viewing history on Mac (Cinder)
- Ability to be notified with a ding when a new message arrives in a group or conference chat (Lirusaito)
- Voice IMs now work on Opensim grids (Latif)
- Chatbar command “/regionsay msg" to do region-wide messages without needing to go through the region/estate floater for estate managers (Lirusaito)
- Fixed memory leaks in animation system (Aleric)
- Auto-syncing of couples animations (Aleric)
- Object Import/Export enhancements, including improvements from Cool VL Viewer (Lirusaito)
- This includes support for Materials (specular and normal maps), Object Physics and Light Image (Thanks to Henri Beauchamp for adding a bug fix to this)
- Made prim-torture limits standardized with other viewers (Lirusaito)
- Support for Xbox controllers, Ouya controllers, and Dual Shock controllers (using motioninjoy as Dual Shocks, this will support the six axes)
- Added support for Controller Keys, inspired by similar code and control-scheme by CtrlAltStudio Viewer (Lirusaito)
- A = Alt, B = Shift, X = Ctrl, Y = Escape
- Back = Toggle Flycam mode (fun!)
- Start = Toggle Cursor mode
- Right Stick Click = Toggle Mouselook
- Left Stick Click = Jump/Fly
- PS Logo = Sit (Specific to motioninjoy as PS controller)
- Avatar and object reload now re-fetches both textures, and materials (Shyotl)
- Display date not just time in Teleport History (Lirusaito)
- MAINT-3530: Add viewer checkbox to extend parcel entry limits to a higher ceiling (Lirusaito/Linden Lab)
- This option can be found in the Region/Estate floater
- Several Look At beacons improvements (see prefs section) (Lirusaito)
- Ability to remove saved login credentials (Lirusaito)
- Show how many scripts are actually running, and how many are mono, when doing a script count (Lirusaito)
- Prevent people from wearing their whole inventory (Aleric)
- Allow items that end up outside the main inventory and that cannot be interacted with to be moved to “Lost and Found” folder. Based on Kitty Barnett’s solution (Lirusaito)
- Merged group bans functionality from upstream (Lirusaito)
- Ban From Group option added to right click menus in avatar lists
- Status bar search now searches in all applicable tabs (Lirusaito)
- Spanish translation updates (Damian Zhaoying)
- French translation updates (Nomade Zhao)
- Changes to Preferences:
- System -> Security is now System ->Security & Privacy
- Emergency Teleport landmark drop targets. The viewer will attempt to teleport to these locations automatically 20 seconds before the region shuts down.
- Render muted avatars (Lirusaito)
- Announce in chat when people bump you (Lirusaito)
- Lines from avatar to their lookat beacons (Alchemy Viewer)
- Customizable name display for lookat beacons
- Input & Camera
- Azerty keyboard support (Lirusaito)
- Realistic Mouselook (Niran, Lirusaito, Alchemy Viewer)
- Adv. Chat -> Chat UI
- Format for names in lists
- Autoscroll for automatic scroll to the bottom of chat when it gains focus (Lirusaito)
- Hardware tab, VSync, adaptive option (provided the driver supports it)
- Depth of Field tab added
- Vanity->Main, Connect to neighboring regions: Save bandwidth & CPU usage by not connecting to neighbouring regions (Lirusaito, Alchemy Viewer)
- New/Changed Floaters:
- Destination Guide. For OpenSim allow the destination guide to change when hypergrid jumping (World->Destinations) (Lirusaito)
- Default Avatar Picker Floater (World->Default Avatars) (Lirusaito)
- Detailed Land Impact display from upstream (Lirusaito)
- New media filter implementation (Cinder)
- The default permissions floater has been overhauled, it now matches the one found in the LL Viewer where permissions for each individual type of item are offered (Lirusaito)
- New Debug Settings:
- LiruNewMessageSoundIMsOn: Enable ding by default on P2P IMs
- AutoresponseOnlyIfAway: Autorespond only sent when AFK/FakeAway (Lirusaito)
- LiruCrosshairColor: Mouselook crosshair color
- LiruHighlightNewInventory: prevent selection being changed on accepting new inventory.
- RightClickTurnsAvatar: (don’t) turn when right clicking on objects (Lirusaito)
- SFMapShowRegionPositions: Show region positions on the map (Sim Federal)
- LiruShowTransactionThreshold: Filter out low amount transaction notifications
A special thanks to the users who attended our first official meeting in-world; to those of you who couldn’t come or didn’t know, we promise the next one will be much better timing for people across the world and better advertised in advance. ~ Lirusaito
The Singularity development team would like to thank everyone who has helped make Singularity better by testing alphas, reporting bugs, and suggesting great features.
Siana added a new way to move around the virtual worlds by using a mouse. Clicking on your avatar and holding the left mouse button pressed already allows you to look around when mouse is moved. Now, while still keeping the left mouse pressed, you can press and hold the right mouse button which will let you move around just using a mouse. This works on both walking and flying mode. Thanks to Shyotl, this release also brings significant performance improvements for the rendering engine. Support for “Fitted Mesh” has been merged allowing better fitting mesh garments. For more details, see this post. Creating this new type of mesh is explained on the wiki.
- Fixes to shader compilation problems and standards compliance issues (Andros Baphomet)
- Merged new revoke animations functionality (Sovereign Engineer)
- Added enhanced support for Nvidia cards (NVAPI) which among other things allows automatic use of discrete GPU in dual GPU systems (Sovereign Engineer)
- Allow alt-camming and terrain parcel selection from farther away, easing tasks such as partitioning regions and zooming around (Latif, Lirusaito)
- Enhanced support for Intel GPUs on Linux (Siana)
- Underwater shadows (Shyotl)
- Fixed a crash often experienced on OpenSim grid where the server would provide an invalid HTTP response (Aleric)
- Entering login URLs in the Grid Manager made more robust (Aleric)
- Prevent modifications of stock grid in the Grid Manager that could leave the viewer non-functional (Siana)
- Increase HTTPS connection timeouts which should improve the reliability on low-end machines (Aleric)
- French translation updates (Nomade)
- Initial work on Italian translation (Druskus)
- Fixed closing of the pay floater (Siana)
- CrashReportID debug setting will store the ID of the last crash reported to the Singularity Crash Processing System (Latif)
- Fixed issue 1264: “Vacant lines in Friends list” (Lirusaito)
- SSAO separated into its own shader allowing speed optimization by running it at a lower-than-native framebuffer resolution (Shyotl)
- Display cost per sq. m. for parcels on sale on the map (Lirusaito)
- Several improvements to the performance of the rendering engine (Shyotl)
- Fixed issues where editing attachments would permanently freeze the avatar (Aleric)
- Fixed a crash when handling attachments that was one of the leading causes of problems on OpenSim (Aleric)
- Prevent deleting cache folder on startup when it’s set to a non-standard location (Aleric)
- Correctly inform the simulator about the bandwidth setting in Preferences -> Network (Latif)
- Improved performance of glow and ribbon particles (Shyotl)
- Removed calls to fixed function OpenGL calls when shaders are enabled (Shyotl)
- Merged Fitted Mesh changes (Latif)
- Allow customize appearance floater to be resized (Lirusaito)
- Mouselook Enhancements (Lirusaito)
- Mouselook UI toggles - Decide which parts of UI to show when in mouselook
- Input & Camera-> UI Hidden in mouselook section
- Ability to alt-tab and maintain mouselook
- View->Reset Camera Preset Angle to Default option added for undoing changes made to camera angle by ctrl and/or shift+scrolling (Lirusaito)
- The option to change camera angle through this method is now off by default
- If your camera angle had been messed up in the last release, this option can spare you a full reset
- Focus Next/Previous in radar will now cycle back to the top/bottom when it reaches there. (Lirusaito)
- Fixed inability to change media settings for an already applied media texture unless media texture is removed and reapplied. (MATBUG-240) (Lirusaito)
- Fix last online being a zeroed out date when it should show up as unknown (Lirusaito)
- Fix Toggle Mute not working from the menus shown when right clicking avatar names from a list (Lirusaito)
- Fix delete key not working in some cases when typing (Lirusaito)
- Added new lsl functions: llScaleByFactor, llGetMinScaleFactor, and llGetMaxScaleFactor (Lirusaito)
- To Linux Users: When you update to this version, your graphics preferences will reset! If you value them, make a screenshot before you run the new version. This is brought on by a change made to better identification of graphics cards.
The Singularity development team would like to thank everyone who has helped make Singularity better by testing alphas, reporting bugs, and suggesting great features.
Singularity now supports display of object materials and the enhancements to the particle system (glowing and ribbon particles). This release also adds a native Windows 64-bit support and a host of new features and bug fixes:
- Merged support for materials and the new particle system capabilities. Enhanced and improved the performance of these features. (Shyotl)
- Added setting 'SHAlwaysSoftenShadows' to soften shadows when SSAO isn't enabled.
- Materials UI (Lirusaito) with some enhancements from Firestorm (Cinder Roxley).
- Thanks to Ansariel for fixing a bug before it ever plagued us!
- Freeze avatar while selecting attachments (Lirusaito, originally by Chalice Yao)
- Support for variable-size regions for AuroraSim and (upcoming) OpenSim. Based on Firestorm version of the patch. (Lirusaito, Latif)
- Added a menu toggle item at Advanced > UI > Show FPS. (SLB Wirefly)
- Advanced -> Rendering -> Animate Trees re-enables Linden trees waving in the wind. (SLB)
- Improved the reliability of the texture cache. (Shyotl)
- Spanish translation updates. (Damian)
- French translation updates. (Nomade)
- Clicking on clock toggles display of local time. (Lirusaito)
- Added support for GetMesh2 capability allowing for faster download of meshes. (Aleric)
- Ability to show Whisper, Chat and Shout range rings on the MiniMap. (SLB)
- Rings can be toggled by right clicking on the MiniMap
- Made the chat rings aware of OpenSim chat range settings. (Lirusaito)
- Thanks to Diva Canto for serverside support!
- Implemented right click option on MiniMap to hide or show objects. (Jayden Beresford)
- Added MiniMapPrimMaxAltitudeDelta and MiniMapPrimMaxAltitudeDeltaOwn debug settings which allow customization of which objects are shown on the mini-map based on proximity. (Lirusaito)
- Fixed an issue with teleport failures and saving scripts taking a very long time on OpenSim regions run in the same simulator instance such as mega-regions (Aleric)
- Allow typing grid login url directly into the grid field on the login panel without the need to open the grid manager. (Lirusaito)
- Added Google Breakpad crash reporting system. (Latif)
- By default the viewer will ask if the crash report should be sent to the Singularity Development Team in case the last run has crashed. This behaviour can be changed in Preferences -> General -> Crash reports where it can be permanently disabled or enabled. We encourage the users to send in these reports and help make Singularity more stable.
- Use built-in web browser for displaying chat logs, making it cross-platform. (Lirusaito)
- The old way is available for use on Windows via a checkbox in Adv. Chat UI
- Fixed crashes on copy/paste operations on some Linux desktops (Aleric, Latif)
- Focus depth of field under cursor in flycam. (Adeon Writer)
- Several improvements of the instant message panels. (Lirusaito)
- Add silent keep/discard inventory offer buttons adopted from Phoenix code. (SLB)
- Audio engine improvements and bug fixes. (Shyotl)
- Backported fixes for crashes when using the latest ATI drivers. (Siana)
- Native 64-bit Windows support (Latif)
- Thanks to Sovereign Engineer for providing some of the prebuilds used in the 64 bit Windows builds
- Known limitation of the Windows 64 bit viewer is the lack of support for the Quicktime plugin which means that certain types of parcel media will not play. Streaming music and shared media (MoaP) are not affected and will work fine.
- More Opensim conformity (Lirusaito)
- Added camera presets to the quick preferences panel. (Lirusaito)
- Allow ctrl/shift-scroll wheel to adjust camera offset. (Lirusaito)
- Can be disabled with SinguOffsetScrollKeys debug setting (Sovereign Engineer)
- Smooth mouselook zoom from Exodus (Lirusaito)
- Alt-right clicking in mouselook bring up menu. Can be disabled with LiruMouselookMenu debug setting. (Lirusaito)
- Shift-clicking in the center, “hole”, of the pie menus now returns to the previous pie menu when there is one, otherwise it closes the menu. (Lirusaito)
- Context (dropdown) menus can now be used instead of pie menus. Setting is in Preferences -> System. (Lirusaito)
The Singularity development team would like to thank everyone who has helped make Singularity better by testing alphas, reporting bugs, and suggesting great features.
Update Nov 16, 2013: An issue with camera controls was identified in build 5433 which was corrected in updated build 5434.
This release brings fixes for a couple of crashes and several other improvements:
- Much improved Collada exporter, which now has the ability to export textures, apply texture parameters such as repeats, offset and others to the exported UV map, combine prim faces with the same texture and color into one submesh and optionally skip transparent faces (Latif)
- Restored Teleport, Pay, and Log buttons in the IM window (Inusaito)
- Spanish translation update (Damian)
- Fixed a crash in audio code (Siana)
- Fixed a crash when RLV is enabled and viewing inventory was forbidden (Aleric)
- Made the map dot color for everyone else customizable (Inusaito)
- Fixed a problem with long teleports in OpenSim (“4096 bug” SVC-2941 FIRE-11593) (Latif)
- New debug settings (Inusaito)
- ResetViewTurnsAvatar allows preventing avatar turning when camera position is reset after zooming (addresses VWR-27956)
- LiruNewMessageSound allows users to mark a specific chat session important, so “ding” sound is played for every message, not just when the conversation first starts.
- NewIMsPerConversation when set will count number of new IM conversations, not just total number of new IM messages when the communicate window is closed.
- NewIMsPerConversationReset allows new IMs button’s visibility to be reset when the communicate window has been opened and closed
- LogShowHistoryLines allows setting the number of lines displayed in a new IM window from the previous conversation (Aleric)
Big thanks to everyone who has helped make Singularity better by testing alphas, reporting bugs, and suggesting useful features.
This is a maintenance release that brings several fixes and improvements:
- Fixed issues with the German translation where login notifications appeared as ‘[FIRST] [LAST] is online’ instead of showing the actual avatar name. (Melanie)
- Updated Spanish translation. (Damian Zhaoying)
- Adjusted handling of the export permissions. On Opensim, if the grid does not support explicit “export” permission, it now follows the rules that the original Imprudence exporter had. (Aleric)
- On Windows, audio volume control for plugins is now working allowing gradual falloff in volume for prim media objects that are farther away. (Shyotl)
- The crash when opening Bumps, Pushes, and Hits floater has been fixed (Inusaito)
- “Show profile” button added on teleport and inventory offer notifications. (Inusaito)
- Ability to show only legacy names for speakers (in Adv. Chat->Chat UI preferences). (Inusaito)
- Legacy (pre-multiwear) wearables on some grids showed as (body part) shapes. Clothing (not body parts yet) now show with a (new) red question mark icon in the inventory, and can be used again. (Aleric)
- When uploading animations, save the values for ease-in and -out parameters, for future uploads. (Inusaito)
- Disable/Enable UI shortcut changed to Ctrl-Shift-F1 on Linux since the default Ctrl-Alt-F1 is used for switching virtual consoles. The same has been done for the other ctrl-alt-F# shortcuts on Linux. (Inusaito)
- Added the ability to save textures from the inventory menu. (Inusaito)
- Added an option to open inventory folders in a new separate window. (Inusaito)
- Added an option to show landmarks on map (Inusaito)
- Imported changes from Linden viewer to introduce consistent ground texture generation and fix crashes in mesh upload (Sovereign Engineer)
- Added an option to hear speakers at the same volume unaffected by position (Tigh MacFanatic)
Again, we would like to thank everyone who has helped make Singularity better by testing alphas, reporting bugs, and suggesting useful features.
This release brings the ability to see and interact with shared media (also known as MoaP - media on a prim) thanks to Shyotl. Autoplay of shared media is disabled by default and can be enabled in Preferences -> Audio & Video by checking “Automatically play prim media” option.Some of the new features and improvements include:
- An update to Voice code by Inusaito Kanya
- Voice Morphing (accessible through active speakers dropdown)
- The ability to change your own voice volume from active speakers
- Changes to UI are exemplified here.
- Wavefront and Collada Export by Apelsin, Inusaito, and Latif Khalifa
- Allows export of your creations into Blender, Unity3D and other modeling applications and game engines
- Web Profile and V3 Web Search Support by Inusaito
- Improved, more flexible, autoresponse code by Inusaito
- Incompatible with old autoresponse code
- Can be configured from the Adv. Chat->Autoresponse section in preferences
- Updated SSA code
- Support for more types of SLURLs by Swiftkill and Inusaito
- Chatbar command added for opening SLURLs and URLs
- Added German translation. Spanish, French and Portuguese translation updates
- Performance and stability updates in the HTTP pipeline by Aleric Inglewood
- New HTTP console displaying current status
- Improved support for OpenSim features by Latif and Inusaito
- Hypergrid map support
- High altitude building
- UI code cleanup by Shyotl
- Preparatory materials support code by Shyotl
- LSL editor update by Inusaito
- Supports all the latest server functionality with help from Sovereign Engineer
- External editor should now behave like it does in other viewers
- Support for uploading .anim files by Aleric
- Add wearable export/import in linden_genepool format by Aleric
- Shapes exported in this format can be used in Blender/Avastar
- Shapes modified in Blender can be re-imported
- Lists of avatars names offer right click menus for performing common actions upon the selected avatars thanks to Inusaito
- Miscellaneous updates to the radar by Inusaito
- RLVa implementation updated to 1.4.8 by Inusaito
- Scripts can now be stopped and started from object inventory without needing to be opened
- The crash upon login at Loading World when your avatar has an lsl bridge attached has been fixed by Siana Gearz with help from Ansariel Hiller
- F1 no longer opens help (but it still opens a browser), we are thinking of picking up v3 style help but we’d need a team like Firestorm has, volunteers?
- New keyboard shortcuts and debug settings of interest:
- Ctrl-Shift-E to toggle edit linked parts
- Alt-Shift-R to toggle resetting camera upon motion
- Ctrl-Alt-Shift-C for Avatar Rendering Cost
- RadarRangeRadius to limit the range of the radar entirely
- AppearanceCloseOnEscape to close appearance floater with Esc
- AppearanceSpecialLighting to toggle lighting change for appearance mode
Our skins package has been improved and added to, it can be found here
. To add all the skins, extract this package into the viewer install directory, that's usually C:\Programs Files\Singularity\ on Windows, /Applications/Singularity.app/Contents/Resources/ on Mac, and wherever you extracted the tarball to on Linux.
Finally, thanks to all who tested the alphas, reported bugs, and requested brilliant features.
Thanks to grand effort of Shyotl, in this version we add support for Server Side Appearance. This, also known as Server Side Baking, is an upcoming system in Second Life which changes how avatars are displayed. Viewers which do not support this system will soon no longer be able to display other avatars, and users running such viewers will also not look proper to everyone else.
So, we ask all Singularitans in SL to please upgrade to this version, and to tell all your Singularitan friends to do so too!
Apart from that you get:
- Mesh upload
- Pathfinding controls for linksets and characters, added by Lirusaito
- Setting of region windlight, by Lirusaito
- Marketplace tab in Search
- Portuguese translation, contributed by Knolan Falconer
- Texture fetch responsiveness improvements, by myself and Aleric
- Script info in About Land and the pie menu when right-clicking on yourself
- Experimental ability to run multiple viewers with voice enabled (VoiceMultiInstance debug setting), by Latif
- OpenSim features: export permission and ability for grids to add custom menu items, by Melanie and Lirusaito
Besides the usual suspects in the community, whom we'd like to thank, we welcome Melanie Milland as our new contributor.
EDIT: Installer updated because of packaging mistake. If you get "pure virtual function call" error or cannot run viewer because of msvcr100.dll missing, please re-download!